Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Kickstarter Backers + Ads

Riley D.
Roll20 Team
This was posted earlier on a general thread by Dan Cross: Why should I be seeing ads at all? I was an early backer. We were promised "one more benefit", and that never materialized. I wanted to address it here on the Backer forums since it pertains only to Backers. This was an error on our part. Backers were not meant to see the ads, and there was a bug in the code we weren't aware of that was preventing this from working correctly. I've fixed the bug, and now if you are a Kickstarter Backer neither you nor your players will see the loading screen ads. To specifically address the "one more benefit", we mentioned in a previous update specifically to Kickstarter Familiar backers that we were going to try and come up with an additional perk for them since the promised "two weeks before everyone else" part of their backer level never really applied since we went into open beta months before we planned to. This is not that, and we're still planning to include something in the future, but just to make sure expectations are set appropriately, it's going to be along the lines of some free Marketplace content. We'll let you know when we've got more information. Thanks!
Zachary O.
KS Backer
I don't mind the ads. I don't currently have the option to pay for monthly support currently so I feel like watching the ads are the least I can do to help keep the site running.