Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Updating token stats across entire campaign

One of the issues that I have been having is that, in the campaign I am playing in, the GM plots out all the maps and drops our tokens in ahead of time, the problem arises when I have to alter the stats for each token. What I would suggest is a way to update a tokens stats across the entire campaign so that every addition of the same token has the same stats. If you have tokens that have the same name but represent different creatures, you could add a modifier to the name so instead of "Goblin", you could have "Goblin A" , "Goblin B" etc... this will ensure that you are not altering other tokens stats when you dont want to.
Axel Castilla
KS Backer
Jeremy K. said, What I would suggest is a way to update a tokens stats across the entire campaign so that every addition of the same token has the same stats. Since character sheets are going to be implemented soon, they can incidentally address your petition: they will allow to link tokens to them, most likely being helpful for keeping character consistency between any Roll20 elements (pages, maps, whatever), across the entire campaign. I mean that perhaps any change in the stats of the character sheet can be automatically updated for its corresponding token, if it has any (I mean, stats for things to be tracked very often, like Health, Fatigue, Magic, etc), regardless of its current place in the Roll20 app & campaign. So, instead of adding stats to tokens in maps, a different approach could be just creating characters, and if it's suitable, assigning tokens to them, with character sheets being the "central tool".
I posted something similar to this and seemed to go dead.
Axel Castilla
KS Backer
The Punisher, If you are talking of your comment in the thread "Have parent maps for DM, Portals, Gates and others." (<a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/comment/18594#Comment_18594" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/comment/18594#Comment_18594</a>), I think that it had a good acceptance.