Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Is it possible to block off tiles?

I've got some enemies hidden behind a door and I'd like to prevent the players in my game from dragging their tokens inside of the building while choosing starting positions and ruining the "surprise". I set the boundaries for dynamic lighting and have currently used the fog of war to hide the inside, but I'd rather prevent tokens from getting inside. That possible at all?
Sure, absolutely! Right click the token and select 'GM Layer.' The token will look grey to you, but the players will not be able to see it at all. Also, you can add a token to the Turn Tracker while it's on the GM Layer and the players will not see it in the Turn Tracker either until you switch the token back to the Token/Object Layer.
Thanks Drohem! That's a much less brute-forced implementation :)
I have requested to be able to lock token movement to initiative only and have the light blocking layer also block movement. Dunno if it'll ever be implemented.