Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Open Beta Beginning Today!

Nolan T. J.
Roll20 Team
We get about five e-mails a day asking when people will get to try Roll20, and we love it. But what we’d love even more is five users enjoying the system and giving us feedback. So we’ve opted to shift into an open beta. What does this mean? Well, invite your friends first off! But secondly, know that just because we’re opening the doors to more users, don’t think it means the emphasis is being taken off our initial Kickstarter backers. You might have noticed that your pledge status now appears here on the message board and that those of you who invested for additional storage space can utilize it already. We’ve also added a backers’ board (which only Kickstarter backers can access) which we’ll be paying particular attention to going forward. Your input so far has been amazing, and we’ve been lucky with this community in ways we couldn’t have imagined. We’ll be depending on you to help us welcome new users, help us keep improving Roll20 before our full-scale launch later this summer, and stewarding this community for years to come. Here’s to the next phase!
Morbus Iff
KS Backer
Does that mean that all player-only accounts that have been created are now able to create their own campaigns? Or do GMs need to do something different to get our players converted over to full accounts?
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
On the player notice page there is now a button they can click that says "Upgrade Me to GM" They should get that if they just go to <a href="http://app.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/</a> while they're logged in.
Ken Bauer
Roll20 Mod Team
I'm off to bug one of my player's to upgrade now, so he can run a certain playtest by those "Sorcerers of the Fjord"